lewislitt

Looking for Hikvision 5.2.5 or 5.2.8 firmware

Hi All,

I recently bricked a camera after downgrading it from 5.2.8 to 5.2.0. I have tried tftping all firmwares (5.1.6, 5.2.0, 5.2.3) that i can find with no luck of bring it alive. Right now the camera just keep rebooting and I could neither ping it nor find it on SADP.

So I hope tftping 5.2.5 or 5.2.8 will make it working again. Could someone please pm me if you have those newer firmwares please.

My email is lewislittyo@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

LL

Hi,

From my small experience with recent HIK cams series 2, there are here 2 different points.

Step 1:

is to unbrick your cam. I don't think FW v5.2.5 or v5.2.8 can save your situation. These FW are not yet official FW and not yet provided by HIK and of course not supported.

More suitable to work from 5.2.3 as it's now official and with Hik Customer Support if possible.

Step 2:

If your cam is Chineese (just need to read your S/N), then you will have also another problem as probably you cannot upgrade the cam to US or European FW version.

So in this case you need 1st to unbrick the cam with the help of multiple topics talking about and how to do it.

As result you probably will have only Chineese as language option.

Once done, if you don't have English on the GUI of the cam, you will need to use solution like CBX provide to have it with multilanguage

So not easy task but request to be methodic and it will work for sure

I think it is quite different since understand the situation from the inside, open firmware and did custom 5.2.5 firmware.

For Chinese IPC, the Chinese need the firmware 5.2.5, for the European IPC need European firmware 5.2.5 firmware.

Now from the manufacturer, comes another, changing the boot loader in the IPC and controls the TFTP recovery and no longer flash firmware 5.2.5 below

Yes, don't try and back level older firmware like 5.2.3 on the newer cameras, you will brick it. I think you asked me for the firmware on a different forum and sent it to you to try.

Yes, don't try and back level older firmware like 5.2.3 on the newer cameras, you will brick it. I think you asked me for the firmware on a different forum and sent it to you to try.

Oh yea, I posted across different forums and after upgrading to 5.2.5 the camera is working now. Thanks!

Hello,

I'm from the Netherlands and hope someone can help me with the right software or solution.

I have multiple camera's, Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS. One camera wasn't working very well (no audio and sometimes a reboot) and i was advised to reinstall the firmware. The current firmware was V5.2.0build 140721. After the firmware update/reinstall my camera was bricked. The IR leds are flashing (went on and off every 20 seconds) and the camera wasn't visible anymore in Tools.

I tried many firmware versions via tftpserv but nothing worked.

But when i tried IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513 and IPC_R0_CN_STD_5.3.0_150513 i see the camera in Tools but the device type is DS-2CD-Min-System, IPv4 Adress 192.0.0.64 Port 8000, Software Version V4.0.8build 140610. No DSP Version and no Encoding Channel(s).

Is it possible that i have the Chinese version?

Is my solution version 5.2.5? And can some help me with this version? Or does someone have an other solution or tips for me?

Thank you very much

To royvandewiel,

I'd the same problem with a DS-2DC2032I. I tried 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 with different subversions.

5.2.0 and 5.2.3 worked but you have to switch from chinese to english or hack it.

The only version which makes no problem was 5.1.0 because it's a multilanguage version working also with my chinese cam.

Regards

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunate version 5.2.0 an d 5.3.0 doesn't work because then i get the DS-2CD-Min-System in Tools. Camera isn't accessible.

Where can i find 5.1.0 or is there an other solution to get my camera working? I don't understand why i get the DS-2CD-Min-System.

EDIT:

I found the 5.1.0 on the Hikvision website but i have bad luck. The camera doesn't shows up anymore in Tools, the IR leds are going off and on and the greens leds are also going off and back on.

When i flash 5.3.0 back onto the camera the camera is showing in Tools as DS-2CD-Min-System and the IR leds are steady on and the greens leds are normal (1 is steday on and the other is flashing with network activity.

Fixed.

I found another thread where version 5.2.5 was advised and after the update to wait at least 10 minutes before restarting the camera.

After waiting 10 minutes i rebooted the camera and heard the IR filter switching. After the boot the camera came back online in Tools.

So maybe just luck with 5.2.5 or a little bit to fast with rebooting the camera.

Thanks for your input.