Sign in to follow this  
derek.wright

Spectra II pinouts

Does anyone on here know the pinouts for the main connector on the Pelco Spectra II? I'm looking for the fan control pins so I can test the fan without removing the back box from the housing.

Spectra II's have the fan inside the back box, not inside the dome drive. Just flip down the door and the fan is right there.

By the way, the fan doesn't run when the dome drive is removed from the back box so to test it, you'll have to apply a DC voltage directly to the fan. It is rated at 12VDC.

Spectra II's have the fan inside the back box, not inside the dome drive. Just flip down the door and the fan is right there.

By the way, the fan doesn't run when the dome drive is removed from the back box so to test it, you'll have to apply a DC voltage directly to the fan. It is rated at 12VDC.

Thanks survtech, Is there a way to jumper the connector to simulate a dome being connected in order to fool the back box into switching the fan on without actually plugging the dome in? I have spare dome connectors and I'd love to be able to just plug in a jumped out connector to turn the fan on to check it's operation without having to remove the fan from the back box and manually supplying 12v to it. Most of the cameras in my facility are mounted 20+ ft in the air so accessibility is limited.