Sign in to follow this  
jimmyNJ

outdoor camera goes white

I've installed a bullet camera on a metal building. Worked fine for a few years. Cable is RG59 siamese with 12VDC power. Now this camera will display all white on the monitor and then back to normal. I've replaced the camera and power supply. I brought the camera back to the office and installed on a test monitor for 3 days with no issue. Other cameras on this system are fine, also attached to metal building.

Could it be an issue with the wire run? about 120' long in a high ceiling. Would a cable fault make the screen go white? This a truck repair shop.

I had an identical problem a few years back. I was sure it was the camera but I contacted the dealer tech support just to run it past them. They wanted to blame everything but the camera ( most specifically the power supply). When the camera was bench tested it worked fine but when it was re-installed it would "white out". Pull it down it was fine - put it back up it would fail. The dealer sent a new one & it was fine. This gave me time to get stuck into the faulty one & it turned out to be the iris control board. I got onto the dealers national office & was told that it was a known problem that would start after about 12 months (chinese capacitors) & there was a new board to retrofit to it. They sent the new board as well as a credit for the new camera I had bought.

To be clear, the image is very good and then changes to white for a short time and then back to good. I've changed the camera.

I'm not sure if it is the wire run. Perhaps a short somewhere. WHen I test here in the office making a short, I get black (not a white screen).