pprd

Bricked my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I from China, need 5.2.5?

So I just bought a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I off Amazon, it came from China. It arrived in a brown box, manual in chinese, etc. The firmware on the sticker on the camera itself reads "v5.2.8 141231".

I plugged it into my Hikvision DVR (DS-7608NI-SE/8P), and it worked fine. So, like an idiot, I immediately went to the Hikvision US website, downloaded the latest firmware (2xx2_Series_IP_Camera_Firmware_v5.2.0_140721), and bricked my camera. It looks like it's rebooting every 10 seconds or so. The DVR no longer recognizes it.

I've spent a lot of time googling the problem. I got my hands on the Hikvision TFTP Auto Updater tool, and I've been trying various firmware versions that I get off the internet. Nothing seems to work. The TFTP Auto Updater tool detects the camera, pushes the firmware, and I get the "system update completed!" message. But when I then plug in my camera to my NVR, I get nothing.

Have I totally screwed myself here? I've read a lot about how firmware 5.2.5 fixes a lot of problems like these, but I swear I can't find a single download link for it. I don't even mind if it's all in Chinese -- I just want my brand new camera to work. Any help is really appreciated. And I know this is a really common question, I've read similar threads on this site, but no one is providing an actual download link for 5.2.5. And I'm not even sure that it will solve my problem. I even looked on the disc that came with my camera in case it had the original 5.2.8 141231 on it, but no luck.

Please help. I'm out of ideas.

I am in exactly the same position as you.

Only that my camera is 2232 ...

Have you managed to push a firmware that works?

Best regards.

I have exactly the same problem too. I can connect and install firmware via TFTP but other than that I just can't access it anymore. I'm not sure where to find firmware suitable for the chinese version. I too have tried the firmware from the US Hikvision website. Mine is a chinese CD2332. Has anyone got any advice? Please!