Sign in to follow this  
tally

720hd system for HOA pool

Hi Gents,

Our HOA has problems with kids jumping off roof into pool at night. Big security vendor is proposing an analog 8 cam 700tvi system at $3000 plus $100/mo monitoring. They tell us new analog is better than digital. I call BS.

I would like to put together a standalone 720p digital system with good night vision cams. I would so much appreciate all of your views and advice. We plan on installing a cable modem to allow remote smartphone viewing.

Cheers

Hi Gents,

Our HOA has problems with kids jumping off roof into pool at night. Big security vendor is proposing an analog 8 cam 700tvi system at $3000 plus $100/mo monitoring. They tell us new analog is better than digital. I call BS.

I would like to put together a standalone 720p digital system with good night vision cams. I would so much appreciate all of your views and advice. We plan on installing a cable modem to allow remote smartphone viewing.

Cheers

Tell them to take their 700tvl analog system and shove it...While there are new technologies that allow HD over coax (CVI, TVI, SDI) if you are building a new system, go with ipcameras...

720p ip cameras will generally have better night vision than 3mp versions of the same camera...

If you want no hassle plug and play looks that this 1080p system

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-16-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-3TB-HDD-and-9-1080p-Cameras.product.100123665.html

its a rebranded dahua...

You can build you own systems as well, lots of posts about dahua and hikvision cams which will give you good bang for your buck...if you want warranty and support buy from a reliable US vendor...otherwise you can buy direct from china but understand what you are buying and be prepared to know what you are doing.

Thanks Boogie, I'm a bit apprehensive re Q-See brand. 5 years ago we got a Clover analog system ( top of line at the time at costco) and it was a POS. Clunky interface and usb1.0 output. Explains why Clover is out of business now.

Any suggestions re a semi pro system. I'm tech savvy enough to get a system going vs. very simple consumer grade unit. I was leaning toward a 720p as i bit higher frame rate vs. 1020p and less frames per sec. Just need to ID the hooligans jumping into the pool ( Glad we didn't have this tech when I was a kid or I would have still be on restriction from my parents. !!)

Thanks Boogie, I'm a bit apprehensive re Q-See brand. 5 years ago we got a Clover analog system ( top of line at the time at costco) and it was a POS. Clunky interface and usb1.0 output. Explains why Clover is out of business now.

Any suggestions re a semi pro system. I'm tech savvy enough to get a system going vs. very simple consumer grade unit. I was leaning toward a 720p as i bit higher frame rate vs. 1020p and less frames per sec. Just need to ID the hooligans jumping into the pool ( Glad we didn't have this tech when I was a kid or I would have still be on restriction from my parents. !!)

The qsee system is not made by them..its a rebranded dahua...same with swann, their ip systems are rebranded hikvision...if there is any issue you can return the system, even years later..Dont see how a clover system has any relation to dahua..yes costo sells junk analog systems too, you need to know what you are buying..

You dont mention what your budget is? That is a very important factor..if its the 3k that you were quoted, then you are looking at a system from hikvision or dahua...there are some us resellers of hikvision that carry the 2mp 1080p versions of their cameras..however this forum wont let me post any names..

Most systems can do 1080p at 30fps, but you dont need that frame rate..15fps will be way more than enough..