jeroenl

Oudoor camera housing and fiber optics

Hi! new user here, i am looking for the best way to connect fiberoptics to an outdoor housing. The camera uses a media converter and a need a smart way to connect a fiber optic connector. Any idea's ?

install a NEMA box for the media converter and run flexible conduit to the camera camera from the NEMA box.

I have done that in the past, but it is not suitable for camera's on a pole mount.

A box in the top of the pole is bad for catching wind / pole stabilisation. A box in the base of the pole is vulnerable to vandalism.

install a NEMA box for the media converter and run flexible conduit to the camera camera from the NEMA box.

I have done that in the past, but it is not suitable for camera's on a pole mount.

A box in the top of the pole is bad for catching wind / pole stabilisation. A box in the base of the pole is vulnerable to vandalism.

We have installed hundreds of this type of installation the best the option is to use a wide base cabinet column or a separate street cabinet by each camera pole.

Ilkie

We have many deployments like this in the field. You only need a small NEMA box so this issue is minimised.

Hello thewireguys,

If you want to information regarding Oudoor camera, housing to protect your home and houses. Visit this website http://guardsys.co.uk/. It's a best website to provide total security of Door Entry Wireless house alarms. It's provide unbeatable quality service combined with the latest technical advances in security systems.

Thank you