Sign in to follow this  
charlie135

Q-See QCN8012B 3MP Bullet Cam Mounting Question

Hey all,

I just ordered a few Q-See QCN8012B cameras, but had a question about their mounting. Does anyone know if the round mounting base can be unscrewed, allowing me to then screw the camera into an outdoor light fixture mounting plate?

Here is the camera: http://www.q-see.com/cameras/weatherproof-1080p-resolution-65-ft-night-vision-qcn8012b

I would like to screw it into something like this 269159_1.jpg

Otherwise, I will just bolt the mounting base as is to a blank outlet plate (I am running the wiring in conduits, so a flush mount to the wall is not possible).

Thanks

That looks like the same design as the qc8023Bb that we have. I know it can all come apart but I can't remember exactly which parts are permanently attatched to each other. I'm sure if you're remotely handy that what you want to do is possible.

I stripped one camera down completely when we first got them, I just like to know how things come apart, go back together, what's inside, etc. I actually ended up soldering about 5' of cat6 to the mb's of a few since the pigtail coming out just wasn't long enough for where I wanted to mount them.

Good luck.