Sign in to follow this  
kitt1993

Ground Loop Issue?

Hello everyone,

I have a few questons about both of my Zmodo DVR's

The first one have a ground loop issue I believe. But I am not sure how it started. Its a 16 channel system and recently 1 channel at a time I get the black lines moving left to right.. Now's its on 6 of the channels. I have a aftermarket power distribution box that I bought and thats what powers it, not the dc adapter that came with the dvr to begin with. The issue has been around for a while now, but its getting much worse as its starting to brighten and dim constantly on those 6 channels. When I turn off power to the distribution box, all the cameras are "off", but those 6 channels still have the red "R" for record. I believe this is a ground loop issue, but would like your thoughts.

Second DVR. Zmodo, and its stuttering in live video on my monitor. What I mean is when a car drives by, it appears as if the car is pausing for a brief micro second and continues. Usually a restart fixes this, but not lately. I also reformatted the hard drive with no luck..

Any help would be nice.

Thanks.

Bryan

Hello,

Thank you for your response. My Question would be this, on the first dvr, why only 6 of th e16 channels are being affected?

On the 2nd, what is Baud Rate and can I adjust it..

Thanks,

Bryan

Baud rate is usually associated with communications RS232 RS485 like on a PTZ camera and it's set a the device end so the DVR must match.

What I was referring to is the Bitrate which you will find under the encode menu

VBR is variable bit rate

CBR Capped Bit Rate