Sign in to follow this  
Technoob

Trendnet Trendnet TV-IP75WC motion detection flawed?

Hello!

Obviously Trendnet is not responding else I would not have bothered you folks

The problem is this "motion detection -> send image by email" function.

Either it is flwed or I am making huge mistakes.

In the setup (first image) this camera should respond for motion only in the marked parts of that feed. This however does not work and does not send any image of motion-detection from the selected areas. Bikes and people have come and go in these 2 particular spots and I have witnessed them today. But no e-mail alerts whatsoever. An extra bike could appear at the spots but when I check my e-mail to verify, there is no such notice or any event

I do get random pictures from the cars driving by outside of the motion detection zone. And not all of them (obviously there's cars driving by every 2-3 econds but I only get pictures every other 2, 3 or 10, 20 minutes). That is weird. Even if I reverse selection for motion detection. it will detect cars like crazy. But that is not what I wanted. And sometimes I get ghost-pictures showing nothing at all (last picture).

I have tested this indoors and yes it is supposed to be set up this way. Marked parts means 'detect for motion'. Now I have no clue why this could be. Any thoughts?

This is my first surveillance cam through wi-fi and am testing it now. But this does not give me good faith to be secure

setup-screen for motion detection

269479_1.jpg

e-mail upon detection setup-screen

269479_2.jpg

(notice of event outside of motion detect area)

269479_3.jpg

269479_4.jpg

269479_5.jpg

(a notice but no event at all)

269479_6.jpg