Can receive local set up on camera app but not successful on remote app settings.

I have used "no-ip" before but no longer since Comcast installed their Technicolor combo modem/router.

any help is appreciated.

Can receive local set up on camera app but not successful on remote app settings.

I have used "no-ip" before but no longer since Comcast installed their Technicolor combo modem/router.

any help is appreciated.

are you using another DDNS now? if your public IP is dynamic (everyone is defaulted with dynamic IPs unless you pay for a static) if it is dynamic you HAVE to have DDNS or you will have to go to canyouseeme.org to verify your new address every time it changes.

OH GREAT.....it's you again with a different subject. I;m already 1 of 1 with. I'm hopefully on my last fix.

So I checked with no-ip and I still have a remote ip address (DDNS?) on their site. What does that mean? I don't know.

Would I be able to find the ip address from a remote location by using "canyouseeme" ? (I'm obiviously at home now)

Using a local access app, my ip is the DVR ip and the port is a "mobile" port.

I'm thinking that the only difference would be the ip address and maybe the password if I;m not going first to the DVR; the port setting would be the same.

Is that right?

is there also another variable; the port forwarding I have to be concerned with ??

thank you

It would be nice if I did not have to go out and pay for a static ip (this part I understand).

If I am using it remotely, and the ip address changes, how can I find the new one?

OH GREAT.....it's you again with a different subject. I;m already 1 of 1 with. I'm hopefully on my last fix.

So I checked with no-ip and I still have a remote ip address (DDNS?) on their site. What does that mean? I don't know.

Would I be able to find the ip address from a remote location by using "canyouseeme" ? (I'm obiviously at home now)

Using a local access app, my ip is the DVR ip and the port is a "mobile" port.

I'm thinking that the only difference would be the ip address and maybe the password if I;m not going first to the DVR; the port setting would be the same.

Is that right?

is there also another variable; the port forwarding I have to be concerned with ??

thank you

It would be nice if I did not have to go out and pay for a static ip (this part I understand).

If I am using it remotely, and the ip address changes, how can I find the new one?

no-ip will still have your public (remote) IP address, it updates in the system automatically when you log into no-ip. But the host (the URL you set up before) may not be saved unless you log in once a month to keep it active. If it gets deleted, simply make a new URL.

Using canyouseeme.org will only tell you the public IP address of whatever network you access it with. Unfortunately, there is no way to find the public IP unless you are within the network.

as far as port forwarding goes, port 80 is the http port for web access, so it could be assigned to another device, so alot of times we will suggest using 8080 or 8082... 6000-9000 are the ports which surveillance systems normally use, because they are not assigned to other things (normally). The local port in the network page of the DVR/NVR will have to be the same port that you forward the DVR/NVR IP address to, that is what sets the path.

you actually really dont have to port forward or set up a DDNS... IP cameras and NVRs actually have a serial number that you can put into the mobile app to connect with. You put your serial number and the username/password of the DVR/NVR. Port forwarding WOULD be needed if you are viewing remotely through a browser though. As far as local access, the IP address to the camera or NVR in the browser would take you directly to it, you wouldnt need to worry about the port.

There is a site you can try for remote access in a browser without DDNS or forwarding. It also uses the serial number. xmeye.net ... log in under 'by device'. The id is the serial number

you actually really dont have to port forward or set up a DDNS... IP cameras and NVRs actually have a serial number that you can put into the mobile app to connect with. You put your serial number and the username/password of the DVR/NVR. Port forwarding WOULD be needed if you are viewing remotely through a browser though. As far as local access, the IP address to the camera or NVR in the browser would take you directly to it, you wouldnt need to worry about the port.

There is a site you can try for remote access in a browser without DDNS or forwarding. It also uses the serial number. xmeye.net ... log in under 'by device'. The id is the serial number

So, let's work on this method...never tried this.

first I have set the http port on the DVR from 80 to 8080

Do I need to change anything else that is currently set to 80 to match.

Next I have added both the 1 ip camera s/n i have and the dvr with what I think is the s/n as the DVR info says "Serial ID".

as you can see, I have red "x"'s on both.

forgot the image

that doesnt look like the correct site... http://xmeye.net/login.do?method=goLogin go to 'by device'. It will ask to download software... after it downloads you can log in with the serial number

Yep, that's is the site I signed up with. As I recall over the weekend, after I signed up and logged in, it did download something but I'm not sure what it was. I think it was CMS but I can't swear to it. Then it went the page that shows the Device manage and my devices where I put in the ip address of my dvr and ip camera.

When I log back in, it automatically does a search for them but says that I am not connected.

385339024_xmeyesite.thumb.jpg.249c636a03b067cfc96df433a0e9eeec.jpg

forgot the image

that doesnt look like the correct site... http://xmeye.net/login.do?method=goLogin go to 'by device'. It will ask to download software... after it downloads you can log in with the serial number

Yep, that's is the site I signed up with. As I recall over the weekend, after I signed up and logged in, it did download something but I'm not sure what it was. I think it was CMS but I can't swear to it. Then it went the page that shows the Device manage and my devices where I put in the ip address of my dvr and ip camera.

When I log back in, it automatically does a search for them but says that I am not connected.

log in on the second tab.. 'by device' and use the serial number of the camera/nvr. The tab you are on is for a cloud account... log in with 'by device' and you dont have to set anything up

I just tried logging again and got a different message than the last one that the device is not online for each of the serial numbers entered. Also selected Enter Guide but could not get past the first Welcome page that says "Please check the Cable is online,"....

1059713884_xmeyedevicenotonline.thumb.JPG.475aca6dd4220ef30bfc89fc578ec3ba.JPG

I just tried logging again and got a different message than the last one that the device is not online for each of the serial numbers entered. Also selected Enter Guide but could not get past the first Welcome page that says "Please check the Cable is online,"....

hmmm.. yeah, it looks like your cameras arent compatible with this... I always use this site to test my cameras, not sure why its not working for this one. Unfortunately, you are stuck with DDNS/port forwading unless the manufacturer has their own software. I would call the tech support for the system you have and see what they offer in way of connecting their equipment via serial number (app or CMS software?)

Ok....

xmeye is out.

Seeing that I know the DVR came with the CMS program, is that a format that I might be able to use other than a DDNS?

I',m not sure I understand CMS fully. The only time I used it was to change the ip address of the camera.

Ok....

xmeye is out.

Seeing that I know the DVR came with the CMS program, is that a format that I might be able to use other than a DDNS?

I',m not sure I understand CMS fully. The only time I used it was to change the ip address of the camera.

the cms is basically an nvr for you computer... it should play the videos, but also local record and remote playback

OK....

I have downloaded an app called MobileCNS

it asks for a name ( guess any name)

IP (ex.demo.com, 2112.55.23.3) Do I put my DVR IP in there?

and Port. Is that the mobile port...(in my case it would be 34597)

Username....which one? from DVR...(in my case "admin")

password....if it is also from dvr, it doesn;'t like the fact I left it blank as there is no password added and therefore I

can't continue.

OK....

IP (ex.demo.com, 2112.55.23.3) Do I put my DVR IP in there? THIS WOULD BE YOUR PUBLIC IP

and Port. Is that the mobile port...(in my case it would be 34597) YES, THE PORT IT IS FORWARDED TO

Username....which one? from DVR...(in my case "admin") YUP

password....if it is also from dvr, it doesn;'t like the fact I left it blank as there is no password added YOU DO NEED A PASSWORD SET IN THE DVR FOR MOST APPS and therefore I

can't continue.

is there a tab for serial id? this one would require the DDNS/ port forwarding... you need an app with QR scan or serial ID otherwise you're back where you started :/

OK....

IP (ex.demo.com, 2112.55.23.3) Do I put my DVR IP in there?

and Port. Is that the mobile port...(in my case it would be 34597)

Username....which one? from DVR...(in my case "admin")

password....if it is also from dvr, it doesn;'t like the fact I left it blank as there is no password added and therefore I

can't continue.

if you send me a private message I will forward you the CMS software I use, with the user manual. Its pretty user friendly and I use it everyday for remote view of my cameras at home. It also has a pretty simply record/playback feature

Ok....

CMS is installed as you can see.

It has my dvr and separate ip camera in the program.

It doesn't save the images when I sign out and I have to double click on each one every time to get all the cameras on the pages.

I am now stuck at the bottom of the instruction sheet on LOCAL playback tab.

My devices are listed and all the channels but doing a search says there is no record.

646586633_blankscreen.thumb.JPG.308a43cac2e89698929fe4c824b73404.JPG

774748731_loadedcameras.thumb.JPG.3a1ae952344316211644481ad00526bf.JPG

1635318955_recordlocalplayback.thumb.JPG.7106bc3dd0df13b9338406b799abdf5c.JPG

Ok....

CMS is installed as you can see.

It has my dvr and separate ip camera in the program.

It doesn't save the images when I sign out and I have to double click on each one every time to get all the cameras on the pages.

I am now stuck at the bottom of the instruction sheet on LOCAL playback tab.

My devices are listed and all the channels but doing a search says there is no record.

did you set up the record plan on the local config menu? you need to select where you want the recordings to be saved also. And if you right click on DVR you can choose to automatically connect the device BEFORE you select the camera.

Moving right along...

Does this look right....I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be looking at.....question as to best place to save the backup?

Next!

Thank you

1124203374_localconfigrecordplan.thumb.JPG.1dadd1f87fb99c8aec41b394404e18d1.JPG

1270211551_localplaybackbackup.thumb.JPG.897b89cfbb6e30eed63a52016db231ff.JPG

1167647455_localplaybackPLAY.thumb.JPG.77449a3dbd849047972c8b7032bd0d99.JPG

Moving right along...

Does this look right....I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be looking at.....question as to best place to save the backup?

Next!

Thank you

perfect! the original video file with save as H.264, but the backup will save it as an AVI file that can be played by windows media player. I save my backups to a folder on my desktop which I've named 'videos'

Ok...now how can I do the remote access.

I found this app on Google Play

CMS Mobile

Alnet Systems sp. z o.o.

Will this allow me to access remotely with DDNS?

Ok...now how can I do the remote access.

I found this app on Google Play

CMS Mobile

Alnet Systems sp. z o.o.

Will this allow me to access remotely with DDNS?

i dont know much about that app... but you can remote with the CMS software you have. If you download it on a computer outside of the network you would add with 'cloud id', which is the serial number. I know you had said that the equipment you are using doesnt have a serial... but, EVERY IP device has one. From the CMS software, you will add it under 'cloud id'.. You really need to look into the serial number, have you gotten it yet? once you do if you want I can try to log in to see if it will work, it should. as far as the app, I will always recommend the VmeyeCloud app... under 'by device'. That is the only app that I use now because it is more stable than most

Ok, I downloaded the vemeyCloud app.

The beginning asks for a user name and password. I don't know what to put in there.

I added the DVR and IP camera to the "add" list and used the id and password for both the

dvr and ip cam (which is "admin" and no password.

the serial id's I got off the dvr and ip cam are:

Camera sn 003e0b07e19e

Dvr Serial id ae4da274963802f1

let me know if you see them

Ok, I downloaded the vemeyCloud app.

The beginning asks for a user name and password. I don't know what to put in there.

I added the DVR and IP camera to the "add" list and used the id and password for both the

dvr and ip cam (which is "admin" and no password.

the serial id's I got off the dvr and ip cam are:

Camera sn 003e0b07e19e

Dvr Serial id ae4da274963802f1

let me know if you see them

at the bottom you choose by device... skip the user name password thing and go to the second tab... my network here sucks so I will try to log in when I get to a better spot.