pravoslavnie

Wireless IP PTZ w/ opt zoom that records zoomed in live feed

Hello,

I purchased some Dlink DCS-5029L's and was very disappointed when I found out from Dlink tech support that they do not record the zoomed in picture even though the live feed is zoomed in.

I called Foscam presales support and they said none of their cameras support this feature/functionality as well.

I'm looking for a wireless IP PTZ camera that has optical zoom that will record the actual zoomed in image so that when I playback the recorded video, it is of the zoomed in picture and not panned all the way back. I'd like to try to spend the least amount of money on each camera since I plan on getting about 4-8. I have to stick to a budget since, unfortunately, I am not independently wealthy at the moment.

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Best,

Brennan

Hello,

I purchased some Dlink DCS-5029L's and was very disappointed when I found out from Dlink tech support that they do not record the zoomed in picture even though the live feed is zoomed in.

I called Foscam presales support and they said none of their cameras support this feature/functionality as well.

I'm looking for a wireless IP PTZ camera that has optical zoom that will record the actual zoomed in image so that when I playback the recorded video, it is of the zoomed in picture and not panned all the way back. I'd like to try to spend the least amount of money on each camera since I plan on getting about 4-8. I have to stick to a budget since, unfortunately, I am not independently wealthy at the moment.

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Best,

Brennan

First, what are you using the cameras for? Why do you need ptz, vs a wide angle 3mp camera?

Second, if the ptz has optical zoom it will in fact record the the zoomed in image.

Third, dont buy cheap crap just because you cannot afford anything more expensive, but 3 good cameras vs 8 crappy ones and add more when you can..otherwise you are in for a world of frustration and hurt..