billkater

Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS not being seend by NVR, or router

I setup 5 cameras the other day. I came back today and one of the DS-2CD2132F-IS dome cameras was not on. I started to trouble shoot. I can not get the router, Hikvision NVR, or the SADP software to see the camera. The LED on the board flashes. My POE switch shows it is getting power and connected but no joy.

Anyone with suggestions?

I held in the reset button while unplugging and then plugging back in. Still no good..

I setup 5 cameras the other day. I came back today and one of the DS-2CD2132F-IS dome cameras was not on. I started to trouble shoot. I can not get the router, Hikvision NVR, or the SADP software to see the camera. The LED on the board flashes. My POE switch shows it is getting power and connected but no joy.

Anyone with suggestions?

I held in the reset button while unplugging and then plugging back in. Still no good..

what are you using to power the cameras? did you verify it was off by covering the front of the cameras and no LEDs turning on? or is it just disconnected from the network?

I have used a poe switch. Also a 12v power supply. I have tried the SADP software and to telnet into it. No luck. I ping it and get no response

When I power up a Hik cam, it goes through a pretty predictable sequence at the switch and camera.

First the IR LEDs flash briefly on the cam. After that, the network port blinks a few times, pauses, blinks, pauses, for about 1 minute, then starts blinking steadily like when it's connected normally.

If it doesn't do this, it might be dead.