billkater

Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS bricked, in search of help

hey all.

I setup 4 DS-2CD2132F-IS cameras the other day. Today one of them would not function. It would not be seen by SADP software. I am unable to Telnet into it. Set computer ip to 192.0.0.128 with mask of 255.255.255.0. Tried the 192.0.0.64 and would not connect.

Downloaded the Hikvision TFTP software. Tried to connect with it and it wouldn't either. I have tried to hold down reset button and power off and on holding button for 30+ seconds. The small LED on the board just flashes at me.

Any tips on what to do next?

Thanks

Bill

oh, it was running v5.2.8 per the sticker on the bottom

If the camera's in English or multi-language and you didn't check the firmware version it was actually running, there's a good chance the camera was running hacked 5.2.5 firmware, though there have been cases of hacked 5.2.8 firmware causing a lot of problems. The 5.2.8 sticker was likely referring to the original Chinese firmware, which usually gets replaced with an English or multi-language version.

If you bought from an official distributor, this may not apply, but they should be able to help you un-brick the cam.