samee

Motion detection issue

Hi all, I have a hikvision nvr 7608ni/se/p nvr. It has 8 Poe ports, I have configured every thing from networking, remove viewing, port forwarding etc.

Currently I'm at the last hurdle, motion detection.

I have purchased the system from domarsolutions in the UK.

The cameras are 2mp 1080p bullet cameras. I have played I.e tested the motion detection, I have selected an area on the camera where motion detection is to be used.

Sometimes it will detect movement in the area sometimes it will not.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Any support will be helpful

Thanks

is there a sensitivity level adjustment- maybe needing tweeked.

if the picture is dark then motion may be harder to detect ie a dark room with someone wearing black moving across the room - the camera will struggle to pick up motion since its looking at black on blac = no pixel change. however if plenty of light available then the pixel change will be detected a lot easier white on black for example.

during the dark it's quite bad at detecting, the sensitivity is at high (low, medium, high). During the day it seems to work ok, but the odd time it will miss the movement.

One other thing I have detected is, if I move just in front and the bell icon (motion detected) and recording icon appears on the screen, if I get out of the field of motion detection it continues to record for a few seconds (normal) but if I move back in just after it has stopped recording it will miss me.

Seems weird but may be a timer issue or something, cannot figure it out.

looks like its at its limits regarding what you are trying to achieve with the lighting conditions. the analytics to process the pixel change may have some latency- time to calculate and reset for next event.

i will have a check with the cameras a bit later as currently Im unable to check, if there were settings which which do you think may if possible need changing?