Sign in to follow this  
mmannfl

exacqVision! What the.........????

Okay, this has likely already been a topic in this forum, but I am hoping someone can very quickly give me some advice. I am currently using exacqVision software on a small Dell Workstation (Win 7 Pro) and am planning to move the software to a virtual machine (VMWare). We currently have 9 licenses. We plan to add up to 15 additional licenses and of course 15 additional cameras. Moving to a VM and Raid configured drives doesn't bother me in the least! But the quote I received for the flipping licenses for each camera and the server (for the free Enterprise version of exacqVision) is insane! The cameras cost less than the licenses! What the heck???

1.) Is there an alternative out there that cost less than exacqVision?

2.) Do you have a reseller for exacqVision that might be capable of offering more competitive pricing for licensing?

Have you looked at Milestone? I don't know the exacq pricing but Milestone runs about the same as most others.

Milestone Partners do have flexibility on the pricing but the mark-up isn't as huge as you may think. So maybe you could say 5-10% but that's about it.