xnaron

Dahua NVR4216 choppy video when viewing more than 4 cams

I have a Dahua NVR4216 and I am noticing that the video gets choppy when watching the cameras when more than 4 cameras are displayed at once. This is through the HDMI port on the NVR. When I switch from 4 matrix to 9 matrix the video starts smoothly for all cameras but then degrades. I am using DS-2CD2032-I cameras plus some IP PTZ. I have played with the substream settings on the hikvision cameras but it doesn't seem to help. I think the issue is with the substream as when I test through the browser I have the option to open main or substream. Main is clean and smooth and substream is jerky like on the NVR. I have played with many different configurations for the substreams but it doesn't seem to help. Has anyone see this behaviour with the hikvision and the substreams?

update:

If I reboot the NVR the video will be smooth again for a little bit but will eventually get jerky (like missing frames) on matrix with more than 4 cams on at a time. I thought I saw a thread somewhere about this having to do with something regarding the way hikvision was setting up the stream but I can't find the thread again. I will have to see if the Dahua cameras are better. Anyone running a similar NVR with hikvision cameras and using the video output from the Dahua NVR?