IanH

Streamlining Old System.

Hi there,

I'll get straight in; a little advice is all I'm in search for .

I'm after been brought in to upgrade a local small business's Pc's and systems, They were all Xp... so grand. I'm unskilled in the sense, but I know a few things.

There is 7 very old PC's all with old CRT monitors taking up a wall, very inefficient I say, Xp... can't be having this.

One week on, New PC parts in, put together for 6 screen eyefinity, for €400. Old ones out, Monitors mounted onto the wall, Perfect I think.

To the CCTV --

Eight Shops with DVR's ranging from a decade old, to a year old. They've all been heaped on over the years.

There over IP but not through the browser (that would be handy) But through the DVR's company software, several of them.

I have no CD's for this software and licence keys (Heitel, northwood and CMS2kv3 (*This software takes over the overlay of windows which means 3 shops are crammed onto one screen, and I can't run multiple instances on the same program on one PC)).

I also don't have passwords for 2 of them. (The previous IT tech died last year)

So is there any links to software (paid), helpsites or advice I can get on "having various DVR's all on the same PC running on multi screens".

I hope I explained our situation and I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't stuck.

Thanks.

Ian