Sign in to follow this  
epcjay

Desktop Application for HikVision

Hi There,

I need some help with setting up a display at home, so I can watch the 3 of my stores.

On the mobile app, I am able to to set the quality (fluent vs clear) of the stream thus, reducing the bandwidth usage allow me to see all 15 cameras at a one time (3 stores, 5 per store)

On the iVMS-4200 windows app, I can't seem to find the function to reduce the quality of the stream, so it's causing the app to hang because of the limitation of the upload stream at the stores. It's coming in at full 1080p.

Does anyone know how to adjust the resolution on the iVMS-4200 app, or is there something else I can use? I prefer NOT to use the web portal as I cannot view all 15 feeds at once (5 feeds per store), unless there is a way to add feeds?

Thanks in advance.

Control panel -> System configuration -> Image -> Auto change video stream

If you leave it checked, iVMS-4200 will show you the substream of a camera when you are watching many video feeds, and when you double click the camera to make it full screen it will change to the main stream.

If you leave it unchecked, then on the main view you will be able to choose what stream you want to watch. Just right click on a channel, choose the stream you want, and then drag it to an empty window.

temp1.jpg.d4c7fee9fd25ad6acfc648c3a66e980a.jpg

temp2.jpg.7f75e93e8d4b9223b0c2197bcd75cab4.jpg