Sign in to follow this  
brownleaf

remote viewing(unbelievable)

Have remote viewing on iphone with everfocus dvr and linskys router. Works in office and when I leave on errands thruout the day, 5-10 miles away no wifi. When I leave for the day no matter what time 2 or 5 o`clock, it will quit working 1-2 hrs after leaving office. I can drive back to office about 12 miles walk in office and it will work on iphone.

I`ve reset router, changed wires, reset app. Its a static ip, nothing changes. My it guy is baffled. Any suggestions?? Been set up for years, just started acting up recently....

Have remote viewing on iphone with everfocus dvr and linskys router. Works in office and when I leave on errands thruout the day, 5-10 miles away no wifi. When I leave for the day no matter what time 2 or 5 o`clock, it will quit working 1-2 hrs after leaving office. I can drive back to office about 12 miles walk in office and it will work on iphone.

I`ve reset router, changed wires, reset app. Its a static ip, nothing changes. My it guy is baffled. Any suggestions?? Been set up for years, just started acting up recently....

Is the dvr in the office?

Another quirk to my problem.My daughter and I have same everfocus app on our phone. Hers a Samsung galaxy and my iphone.She arrived early to office and cameras came up on her phone after not working all night. I then tried mine and they worked driving down interstate 15 miles away. So if either of us are inside office the cameras come up fine on other phone . Its like either phone turns on a switch when inside office.

Should I replace the dvr and router??

strange...if you have an old router laying around then you might want to try switching it out...you might also try simply resting both the router and dvr to defaults and setting it up again...

seems likely that its a quick in the dvr...you might take the opportunity to upgrade the entire system to IP, or at least hd over analog...dahua has some nice hybrid or tribrid NVR's so you can use your analog cams but add ip or cvi later...