Sign in to follow this  
stillearning

Hi - need an advice

I feel like newbie at all the area of Security Cameras.

I got used to DVRs and stuff and we have been advanced to NVR's.

I had bad experience with Chinese makers of NVR's that promised their NVR can supply power to 4 cameras over 15m each and stuff like that and all of them have failed.

Correctly today i am search for a system of "Hikvision" (that's what my costumer wants) or "other big brand" with POE, 3MP cameras (8 of them), and of course NVR that can supply power over 20m for each.

I know Hikvision has great mobile Apps too so this is a good point for them.

Basically i know that every NVR should support power to the each camera up to 100m (poe cable has 12w in it - max).

if not or something like that please correct me, direct me to read stuff - I will be happy with that.

Thanks in advance mates

Hi, the one you bought is not real POE, maybe that only DC12V and transfer from NVR to IPC, without any manager or protocol.

Standard POE is DC48V , IEEE802.3af protocol. This standard POE can support max 100m.

I feel like newbie at all the area of Security Cameras.

I got used to DVRs and stuff and we have been advanced to NVR's.

I had bad experience with Chinese makers of NVR's that promised their NVR can supply power to 4 cameras over 15m each and stuff like that and all of them have failed.

Correctly today i am search for a system of "Hikvision" (that's what my costumer wants) or "other big brand" with POE, 3MP cameras (8 of them), and of course NVR that can supply power over 20m for each.

I know Hikvision has great mobile Apps too so this is a good point for them.

Basically i know that every NVR should support power to the each camera up to 100m (poe cable has 12w in it - max).

if not or something like that please correct me, direct me to read stuff - I will be happy with that.

Thanks in advance mates

It's hard to go wrong with Hiks and their NVRs, though you have to check the NVR specs carefully to make sure they'll work with as many cams and Mbps as you need.

The Hik 2CD2032 and 2332 are great starting cams for outdoor, and the 2432 is a good bet for an indoor cam if you need the extra features it has.