Sign in to follow this  
mveras1972

Reboot Dahua IPC camera

My surveillance system has 6 Dahua IPC-HFW4300S cameras and a Dahua NVR4208-8P PoE NVR. Sometimes randomly some cameras will go blank and there is no way to bring them back to life unless the camera is disconnected from the ethernet and reconnected (essentially a hard reboot). It looks like the NVR sees they are there, but no video stream is delivered. I am trying to find a way to reboot the camera that is down remotely when this happens instead of rebooting the NVR. When rebooting the NVR, all cameras are rebooted, therefore the issue is temporarily resolved. Since this happens at least once a day, I don't want to have to reboot the NVR daily whenever this happens. The NVR doesn't seem to have a way to autorecover individual cameras by powercycling the PoE port where the failed camera is connected. I have explored the idea of having a managed PoE switch to remotely cut off power to the failed camera, but I've also thought about if there is a way to telnet into the Linux OS in the NVR and tell individual ports to shutdown, or perhaps a way to directly telnet into a camera or send a command to a camera to reboot. Does anyone know a way of doing this? As I said before, the NVR appears to detect the camera even if it goes down, so the camera must be responding to ethernet commands. Thanks!

I have not tried that. However, I have made comparisons with my other cameras, and I have found that only 3 of the 6 cameras will go blank consistently. I've also found that the 3 that go blank have an older firmware than the rest. I got a dealer to give me the firmware upgrade for one camera and I just upgraded it, and now it seems fine. However, they tell me they don't have the firmware for the other two. I have asked a few other dealers in Amazon and they give me the same answer. Does anyone know which dealer will have the firmware for the HDW4300S and HFW4300S-V2? Thanks...