shdes

External Switches or router

I want to transfer the cameras from my dahua NVR internal poe ports to the external poe switch. My question is. Where should I connect the NVR lan.. to the switch or the router that connects it to the internet? What is the difference if I connect it to the poe switch or router?

Whatever, would all the traffic in the external poe switch still pass broadcast thru the router taking up the bandwith or could the switch isolate the signals inside it just to the NVR recording?

I want to transfer the cameras from my dahua NVR internal poe ports to the external poe switch. My question is. Where should I connect the NVR lan.. to the switch or the router that connects it to the internet? What is the difference if I connect it to the poe switch or router?

Whatever, would all the traffic in the external poe switch still pass broadcast thru the router taking up the bandwith or could the switch isolate the signals inside it just to the NVR recording?

I experienced that when using a switch.. there is no disconnection.. but when I added a router connecting to the NVR with the external poe switches connecting and camera and to the router.. there is a split seconds in which the feeds got disconnected.. anyone can explain why?

I experienced that when using a switch.. there is no disconnection.. but when I added a router connecting to the NVR with the external poe switches connecting and camera and to the router.. there is a split seconds in which the feeds got disconnected.. anyone can explain why?

I'm not sure I fully understand what steps you took

If you are connecting the POE interface to the switch, it may be that the cams are now trying to get an IP from the DHCP server on your LAN (as opposed to the internal DHCP server the NVR presumably runs)?

This is what you were aiming for I think, but would explain why there is a temporary loss of connectivity

Not 100% sure this is the cause of it, but thats my guess