Sign in to follow this  
triska

speed dome camera set up advice

I have just replaced a dvr and the old cameras are still being used, i have now got to put the old ptz to the new dvr, the + / - wires use to go to a control box which in turn went to a controller, we no longer need this controller but can not configure the cameras as we dont know how to change the settings,

the camera is edmc-2221 or fasttrax . speed dome eneo

Do i need to set the dip switches in the camera , just not to sure on this any advice would be grateful.

The camera dip switched are usually related to the Camera's address and the Baud rate. I suggest you email Eneo for the instruction sheet and this will tell you the dip switched. Since each controlled can control a number of cameras, each camera has an

address 1, 2, 3....99 etc. this allows the controller to CALL the specific camera to respond. Then each camera can be programmed from the controller. The baud rate that's commonly used in a typical PTZ setup is 4800BPS or 9600BPS. This has to match the controller or the keyboard settings or both. That's almost everything but there may be a couple other settings that need to be configured according to your control device.

I sent an email but have had no look in any advice, i thought the camera could be set up on the dvr without the controller on the dvr settings such as pelco, thank you for the response.

I have just replaced a dvr and the old cameras are still being used, i have now got to put the old ptz to the new dvr, the + / - wires use to go to a control box which in turn went to a controller, we no longer need this controller but can not configure the cameras as we dont know how to change the settings,

the camera is edmc-2221 or fasttrax . speed dome eneo

Do i need to set the dip switches in the camera , just not to sure on this any advice would be grateful.

domt know if this is any use the pdf file download for camera ptz

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sacgroup.co.uk%2Fmanuals%2F905.823.pdf&ei=XmaUVZ-TCoPiU6bzsvAO&usg=AFQjCNFz_BrHIrQ_qyiMzlywH0RQBJY7GQ&sig2=5Ymsryk5PGIm3KcHNgwbsw&bvm=bv.96952980,d.d24