Sign in to follow this  
Charly1954

traffic area motion detection disabled still tapes sometimes

Is it the camera or the DVR program that determines motion dectecion and the camera records?

Unless motion is detected the camera takes a snapshot or single frame video ever 5 seconds. I have one camera that faces the street and the area cars drive by I have motion detection disabled but it does not always work.

My question is can sound or headlights set of the motion dectection. I have set and watched where the motion dectection is set off and no part of the car was outside the disabled zone.

Headlights will trigger motion, of course. If the headlight brightens your garden, then there is motion all over the garden.

The DVR determines where the motion is, not the camera.

so if light will trigger motion detector then I imagine when tree limbs shadow on the ground move that also triggers the detector. I have another camera with 2 pine trees, the limbs move with blowing wind. I have that area disabled but if the sun is out their shadows moves. That must be whats triggering the dectector, the moving tree shadows.

so if light will trigger motion detector then I imagine when tree limbs shadow on the ground move that also triggers the detector. I have another camera with 2 pine trees, the limbs move with blowing wind. I have that area disabled but if the sun is out their shadows moves. That must be whats triggering the dectector, the moving tree shadows.

Yup, that's it.

274028_1.jpg