kash

please help my first total security design

i've read a bunch of posts in this forum and i've finally desided to take on this project and i was looking for some help.. this is the first time i'm going to start to finish run a whole cctv system YAY!

i've done multiplexor upgrades and setup dvr's and what not but this is my first total design..

heres the property we need to get ccvt'd

i've included an image hopefully that will help

basically theirs two wings of rooms one that goes up and then the one that goes across.. i put teh cameras where i think they should go but i dont know if u can get like a perpendiculer camera that will monitor two hallways at the same time

maybe yall can help me out with cameras and equiptment.. also i know i'm going to need a coax crimer, some Siamese coax cable (does this come in out door flavors) the whole property is exterior coridor and i think they want to put two cameras in the lobby

TIA

also what would be good for dvr purposes? maybe a dell pc with thoes cards or a standalone unit.. network viewing would be nice.

the last one we paid for (dynocolor one) they charged us alot 3k for a 16 camera dvr just the dvr no cameras or installation .

some of the things i need

coax crimper

power supply

Siamese coax cable

wire ties (thoes lil things to join the power wires together)

some time and help

CCTVPJ.jpg

Welcome to the forum kash, I hope we can answer all your questions.

i put teh cameras where i think they should go but i dont know if u can get like a perpendiculer camera that will monitor two hallways at the same time

Can you explain that a little more? Are you looking for something that moves side to side or ???

some Siamese coax cable (does this come in out door flavors)

Yes, you can get outdoor rated coax if needed. However, your standard coax should be fine mounted outside along the building. But if your going to burry the cable, you either need direct burial or some conduit to run the cable in.

what would be good for dvr purposes? maybe a dell pc with thoes cards or a standalone unit.. network viewing would be nice.

Depends what your customers needs are. You can get remote access from both a standalone and PC based, that is pretty standard now. You'll save money with a standalone unit vs. a PC based solution.

As for the tools and such, you can get mose your coax stripping/cutting tool needs from Radio Shack or better yet, go to a local electrical supply store.

Welcome to the forum kash, I hope we can answer all your questions.

i put the cameras where i think they should go but i dont know if u can get like a perpendiculer camera that will monitor two hallways at the same time

Can you explain that a little more? Are you looking for something that moves side to side or ???

side to side or fixed.. basically the camera will be at the end of two hallways or from the picture if you can suggest another location

some Siamese coax cable (does this come in out door flavors)

Yes, you can get outdoor rated coax if needed. However, your standard coax should be fine mounted outside along the building. But if your going to burry the cable, you either need direct burial or some conduit to run the cable in.

thanks

what would be good for dvr purposes? maybe a dell pc with thoes cards or a standalone unit.. network viewing would be nice.

Depends what your customers needs are. You can get remote access from both a standalone and PC based, that is pretty standard now. You'll save money with a standalone unit vs. a PC based solution.

lets see.. as for requirements maybe like a week of record time, network access and just a regular video out for the tv thats about it really

As for the tools and such, you can get mose your coax stripping/cutting tool needs from Radio Shack or better yet, go to a local electrical supply store.

thanks for helping

welcome.....

I have done several jobs where we had to dig trenches and mount cameras about 20 yards out from the corners of some buildings up on some 12ft tall rigid conduit poles. And the cameras were looking back at the building. Believe me its a pain in the *** if you screw up or forget to figure in your other cable that you did not pull through the conduit.

If you are going to bury it then go ahead and get at the minimum 1"conduit. dont make the mistake of lettting someone else buy the conduit and then they get 1/2"conduit and try to convence you that 2 sets of siamese cable and 2 pairs of 6 conducter alarm wire is going to pull through. Becuase if you ask my crew to do that, that is exactly what will hapeean.

So ya get 1" conduit and run your coax through their along with some extra cable. (I would throw in some cat 5 and some extra pull wire for the stuff you add on later ). If you have not done many installs I would definitly get some good crimpers and practice before you go out on the job site. Or maybe do some twist on's.

Now the cameras......... What is the lighting like in hallways? Extremely well? Dark? Is their many areas of really bright areas (windows) and then really dark shadows? (extreme contrast )? How long are the hallways? Are you trying to capture facial recognition? General Activity? What is your specific thing you are wanting to see on these camera shots?

Also you might want to consider to save yourself a bunch of cable burial and headache, try and see if they have a network or unused telephone wire that is already connecting the buildings. That could save you a bunch of work and be an extremely easy and profitable install. Anyways I will let you respond to that bunch of questions and then we will see what your options are from there.

Have a good one