Sign in to follow this  
DGilmore

Dahau NVR not displaying all cameras

Hello,

I am working on a Dahua DH-NVR608-64-4K 64 Channel NVR. I have 21 cameras connected to the NVR. 16 are Analog cameras connected using 4 Axis M7014 video encoder using rtsp. The rest Hik-vision ip cameras. The NVR is connected to a Samsung 42in tv via HDMI. When the NVR is set to display 1 or 4 cameras, i can see the any of the cameras, 1-4,5-8, 9-12, ect. On any other split screen setting, i can see only the the 5 ip cameras, i cannot see any of the 1st 16. Any help on why this is the case and how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

When watching 4 (2x2) cameras, you are probably seeing the main stream.

When you watch more (3x3) the NVR is probably trying to show the substream. That might be a problem if you are connecting with RTSP to the encoders, since there will only be a main stream.

No idea if there is a setting to change that.

Thanks for the info, I will check on that later today. I used RTSP as it seemed to be the only way to connect all 4 channels of the encoders to the NVR. Is there another way that would make more sense?

Not really, unless the Axis encoders support ONVIF.

If those 16 analog cameras all have cabling to the same place, it would have made more sense to buy a 16ch Dahua DVR without hard drive. It would have acted as a encoder, you would have had main/substream, the Dahua NVR would have been able to work better with it, use motion detection, etc. A Dahua DVR without HD can act as a encoder.

I checked the encoders and they do support ONVIF. They also seem to to have separate video streams for each camera. I tried to connect using ip address and it only shows one camera. Is there something on the Dahua NVR that would allow me to choose the video stream , like channel 1, or 2 or so on?

Once again thanks for your help.