Sign in to follow this  
malford

HikVision DS-2CD2232 Firmware for UK

Hello.

Ive been trying to update my Hikvision DS-2CD2232-I5 3MP EXIR Bullet Camera and have tried using the link below to the European website which gives me the option of DS-2CD2xx2.

Is this the correct version for my IP camera as I have tried to flash the camera and all I get is an error saying camera upgrade failed.

The version I tried using is:

IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/

Thanks for any help

The key is whether you have a western region tagged camera or not. Usually, the serial number will tell you; if there's a CC in it, it's probably Chinese.

Many Chinese Hiks are loaded with hacked firmware by the vendor to have English displays. The firmware upgrade checks to see what region the cam is marked for, and western firmware won't load if it's a Chinese cam.

Generally, the label will show the firmware revision it was originally loaded with, while the system report will show what it's actually loaded with. If these are different, you may have a hacked version.

Dealing with this has gotten complicated in recent times, depending on what version is loaded and what you're updating to. Take a look at the pinned Hik firmware topics at the top of the page.

Thank you for your reply

Just checked the serial number on the camera and it is SN: 491276897

So no CC on the end which is good news.

I will do what you said and have a read through the FAQ section

Sorry, I misspoke on that; it's a CCCH that indicates Chinese, and CCWR for western region.

This is embedded in the middle of the SN, and what you posted doesn't look like the complete Hik SN.

Examples with the last 4 digits removed:

DS-2CD2332-I20150124CCWR50126xxxx - western region

DS-2CD2032-I20140515CCCH46480xxxx - Chinese

The pattern is model number, build date, region, serial number

Many rebranded Hiks have their own model numbers in place of the camera models in the above strings, but the rest will be similar.

Sorry, I misspoke on that; it's a CCCH that indicates Chinese, and CCWR for western region.

This is embedded in the middle of the SN, and what you posted doesn't look like the complete Hik SN.

Examples with the last 4 digits removed:

DS-2CD2332-I20150124CCWR50126xxxx - western region

DS-2CD2032-I20140515CCCH46480xxxx - Chinese

The pattern is model number, build date, region, serial number

Many rebranded Hiks have their own model numbers in place of the camera models in the above strings, but the rest will be similar.

My mistake also... I was reading the serial number from the box packaging.

When using iVMS-4200 it gave the full serial number of the IP camera which ends in "WCVU"

Thank you MaxIcon for your help

Successfully upgraded the firmware on my NVR 7608NI-E2 with no issues to V3.3.3.2....

The IP cameras wouldn't work straight away with the latest firmware so I did an incremental install from v5.2.3 to v5.3.0 and upgraded successfully with no issues.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/

thanks for your help

I don't suppose that firmware fixes the bug with NAS's does it where it always returns to "uninitialized"?