NeilP

Befoe I take the plunge and hit the BUY button

I have a small stable yard with 6 horses.

Also a couple of sheds and the yard I want surveillance on.

All in a close area., the cameras can be mounted in and outside one central building, the stable block....but I want the NVR to be back at my house.

The house is about 1km away and I already have a 5Ghz network bridge with solid 300Mbs connection from the house to the Stable block. This is via a Deliberant Point to Multipoint Network system with these devices

APC-5M 90 at the house and a APC-5M-18 in the stable block.

So I have good network access between the stables and the farm. I want the NVR at home for security and ease of my own access

My current requirement is for two camera only ...but I want enough spare camera capacity so that should the girls in the stables want an individual camera in each of their stables to monitor their horses, they will be able to purchase their own cameras and add them to the system.

The NVRecorder I was looking at was this one with one or two of these cameras externally to monitor outside

Am I correct in thinking that I can connect the cameras to a switch , (via the relevant PoE PSU's for each cam) at one end of my network, and connect the NVR at another place on the network and it will pickup the cameras...either via manual or auto config of the IP addresses.

I am sure what I am thinking is correct but just wanted to check first before I hit the buy button

Also if any one had better suggestions, I'd be more than open to suggestions

Thanks

Neil P

I