badmop

Help me upgrade to HD IP Cameras

Hey all, I'm looking to upgrade to some HD IP Cameras , I have an 8 channel analog system right now. They are 1200tvl 84 IR LED, 5mm lens. I already have cat6 cable run, but some have wifi built in (which would be temp to test with at the moment) Personal home setup, USA

I am not looking to swap out completely right now, I want to purchase 1 camera at the moment just to play around with. I've seen some good suggestions for some cameras off aliexpress.

I would like to eventually go to 12 cameras or 16, right now the 1 camera I'm looking for I am interested in a 3mm lens or 2.8mm lens option. I'm not interested in PTZ on my first camera, just wanting to get a good IP Camera with nightvision to compare and show off versus my analog cameras.

Any of you want to share some links to cameras that are cheap, but quality also. I've had great experiences with "cheap" things from China over the years. I think I'm interested in hikvision based on my findings for price and quality. Or dahua is fine too

Thanks everybody, once I get some recommendations I can probably piece together the rest later when I'm ready. I'm just not familiar on everything of the HD

This was suggested to someone else in another thread, this may suit my needs for a couple of the cameras, still interested in other suggestions.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dahua-4Mp-IPC-HDBW4421R-AS-IP-camera-network-camera-DH-IPC-HDBW4421R-AS-Support-POE-Micro/638300_32396199848.html

With this camera, what power supply do I need to temp run this? (something I'd like to be able to use in the future when I swap to a complete 12 or 16 camera setup)

I would also like a NVR that has a beeper psychically built into it so that when motion or such is detected, that the NVR unit beeps out loud. My current analog DVR does this with a little piezo buzzer, I have it set for motion detection on certain cameras (which alerts me to when someone comes onto my property) and also when video is lost on any camera (unplugged or being tampered with)

I would imagine that's a common thing for most NVR/DVR units, but I could be wrong. I'm trying to research everything, but it's hard until you physically get your hands on the tech and start fooling with it. I'm pretty knowledgeable with analog stuff, but this newer tech is something new to learn.

Thanks