eyecu

IP cameras questions ...new to the IP camera world

Can anyone please help me with an IP camera questions. I am new to the world of IP cameras. My customer wants an IP camsera system (1-2) indoors. Who can recomend a simple drop and play camera. Meaning plug N play. Cameras must be able to view on IPhone and or IPad. Be able to accsess it from anywhere and relible. How will it be connected to computer and router? Is set up easy? wired/wireless? where is the recoreded images sent, to an Icloud service? is the play back quality good or bad. And the difficulty in setting these up. Your help will is greatly apprieciated! Are any brands better than other not... looking for junk

If easy is your prime goal, Dropcam or Arlo are your best bets. Dropcam's more mature and needs a power supply, but Arlo is completely wireless, as it runs on batteries. Both record to the cloud over wifi.

Both have disadvantages that serious surveillance cam users won't put up with, but they're like the iPhone of the surveillance world - easy to set up, easy to use, decent quality, expensive, and not very flexible.

After that, a dedicated NVR is a good bet, but will definitely be more complicated than the two above, and will require more wiring and setup. Costco is reported to have some decent systems, along with a generous return policy.