Esinem

Avtech KPD679B-E: No HDD, checking, red flashing LED on PCN

My DVR went down the other day. Now, it says it has "No HDD" and is "Checking". I tested both drives and they seem OK. I have reinstalled one after it passing Seatools Long Generic Test. Still get the same issue. The drive is powering up but it stays "Checking" and a red LED flashes on the PCB.

I have just removed the battery on the mobo to see if a complete reset does the trick since it still seemed to retain the camera settings details as the camera names came up on the display. I can't access any menus however and it says the keyboard is locked. I'm hoping it's just a corruption of the settings file.

Any more ideas gratefully received as I'm out of them now?

My DVR went down the other day. Now, it says it has "No HDD" and is "Checking". I tested both drives and they seem OK. I have reinstalled one after it passing Seatools Long Generic Test. Still get the same issue. The drive is powering up but it stays "Checking" and a red LED flashes on the PCB.

I have just removed the battery on the mobo to see if a complete reset does the trick since it still seemed to retain the camera settings details as the camera names came up on the display. I can't access any menus however and it says the keyboard is locked. I'm hoping it's just a corruption of the settings file.

Any more ideas gratefully received as I'm out of them now?

Maybe you can try to unstall the current HDD and install a new HDD to check the problem. format the new HDD before start to recording.

my Skype:mxtforever

www.smart-views.com

Thanks but I tried another HDD, no difference. Oddly, I can't seem to reset the unit. Tried shorting out TP5 & TP6 as suggested elsewhere but it hasn't reset. I was hoping a clean boot might do the trick.

I have been totally unable to do a hard reset. I followed the instructions to short TP5 & TP6 and turn on. It beeps immediately and returns to the error state. As I still see my camera names, e.g. front, side etc. I assume the full reset failed, although the date has reverted to 2011 so maybe it's some kind of partial reset? I even tried leaving the battery out for a couple of days but it still won't reset camera names. I'm hoping that a complete factory reset might clear the problem

Any ideas? I'm stumped