agurkas

Any better alternatives to LTS CMIP1122-28?

I have several LTS CMIP3032-28 camera. I like them, but I don't care about some of the IR halo I get. So as I am looking to add couple more cameras around my house, I was looking at LTS CMIP1122-28 (http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/ip-camera/ip-dome/cmip1122-28.html). At $140 plus shipping (plus wall mount) it does make me wonder if there is bit more budget friendly camera I should look at with same brighter and wider IR performance. I do want wider angle, since I have like an acre of land to cover around the house.

The Hikvision DS-2CD2332 turret is a decent cam with good IR performance and no halo issues. Don't know how it will compare to your LTS, though.

The Hikvision DS-2CD2332 turret is a decent cam with good IR performance and no halo issues. Don't know how it will compare to your LTS, though.

The lts that he linked to with blackface is a rebanded hikvision turret, though its a 2mp model, which is actually better at night than the 2332.

I have several LTS CMIP3032-28 camera. I like them, but I don't care about some of the IR halo I get. So as I am looking to add couple more cameras around my house, I was looking at LTS CMIP1122-28 (http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/ip-camera/ip-dome/cmip1122-28.html). At $140 plus shipping (plus wall mount) it does make me wonder if there is bit more budget friendly camera I should look at with same brighter and wider IR performance. I do want wider angle, since I have like an acre of land to cover around the house.

are you sure you have this camera? http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/ip-camera/ip-dome/cmip3022-28.html

It should not have any halo effect.

I have LTS 3032 ones and the dome is causing some IR reflection no matter how much I tried to futz with that sealing ring around the lens. Hence why I want to look at something else.

Is gettimg Hikivision better than LTS? I don't see LTS update firmware as often

as Boogieman said that this product also a rebranded product from Hikvision.

I have LTS 3032 ones and the dome is causing some IR reflection no matter how much I tried to futz with that sealing ring around the lens. Hence why I want to look at something else.

Is gettimg Hikivision better than LTS? I don't see LTS update firmware as often

You are probably listing the wrong model..the 3032 is a turret...

Regardless ir reflection in the dome is generally a result of improper installation.

Buy a hikvision or LTS turret they are the same. The 2mp lts will be even better at night so there is an advantage there.

That one also should not have bleed issues, and will have 2x the IR of a single LED version. They're actually very small but high power LEDs with a large diffuser/lens to control the beam spread. They may have different IR lenses for different focal length lenses, but I haven't verified this.

The extra IR can cause white-out problems for objects up close, unless they've improved their smart IR quite a bit.

As long as the LEDs are behind a different piece of glass or plastic than the lens (like on this and the 2332), you shouldn't get internal IR bleed. You can still get reflections, of course.

If you don't mind the Aliexpress route, lots of people, including me, have have good luck with this supplier (Julia at CCTV CAMERA CHINA):

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/638300

These grey market Chinese cams are expensive to return for warranty support, and typically have hacked firmware to give them English menus, so firmware upgrades are not recommended unless you're willing to do some research and jump through some hoops, with some risk of bricking the cam. See some of the pinned threads in this forum for examples.

I don't know any western region tagged cam suppliers except a site that can't be named here.

You may find them on Amazon, but if they're in the same price range as the Ali cams, they're almost assuredly hacked Chinese cams. Western region cams can be upgraded with firmware from the Hik site without problems.

AE price: $106

US price: $170