paulbase

Audio Problem Hikvision DVR

I as an CCTV installer for the domestic market, have recently moved from the Dahua brand to Hikvision. Never had an issue as this, with Dahua with the exact same setup!

My test unit DS-7208HQHI-SH/A has been causing some headaches!

The audio from any external microphone (on inputs 1,2,3,4) connected to the unit, is disrupted causing audio stuttering on the LAN/WAN or even local recorded playback at the DVR end (via HDMI monitor with audio).

Over my spare time I have located the issue to be caused by the audio being active at the monitor end of HDMI connected DVR. So if I have a 8 camera view & wish to listen to the audio from camera 1 or any others (2,3,4) This will interfere with audio stream on the LAN/WAN or recorded playback. My short term solution was to disable the audio feed to the local DVR monitor, which resolves the problem!

May be a inherent fault that is causing the issue?

This unit is due to be installed at my clients house & the HDMI output would be digitally modulated into a UHF (Freeview) multiplex, so to provide camera view & audio from a selected camera. This unit unfortunately will cause an issue with this fault.

I have sent a email to Hikivision support UK, over two weeks ago, no assistance from them!

I would appreciate any further advice.

Thank you.

Paul