Sign in to follow this  
lodak8

NVR architecture

guys

I have 2 floors in my house + basement. The NVR will be in the basement and I'm wondering what sort of cabling I need to do

Is remote client viewing pretty good resolution-wise these days to a laptop or should I run an HDMI cable to the 1st floor TV? Maybe run a 2nd cable to my master bedroom on the 2nd floor and use an HDMI splitter

Thanks

The HDMI cable will handling viewing the monitor in another room, but not controlling the NVR. So depending on what your end goals are.

View only

For a regular HDMI cable, typically around 50-ish feet is the max.

For an HDMI splitter, one that has a built in amplifier is what I would think given the room-to-room (floor-to-floor) distances.

View & Interact

Whether you want to change to one camera on a whim full screen or do whatever...

Laptop/PC

A laptop/PC on your local area network will view the NVR feed great with fantastic resolution.

Amazon Fire TV Stick

I haven't tried this one yet, but several on this forum have, so search through.

The little USB-dongle Fire TV Stick plugs into your big flat screen TV's extra HDMI port. The Fire TV Stick is Android-based, so you can download an app for it that can remotely view/interact with your DVR right from your big screen TV.

Is the resolution on a computer screen closely match with a direct HDMI connection to the NVR?

Also, can anybody recommend a good 16-channel NVR that works with hikvision cameras and can do snapshots to the cloud?

Thanks!

Thanks