sp3

Question on what system is good for my needs

This is my first time posting on this forum. Any help/tips is greatly appreciated.

Looking for install a security camera for our home. We currently already have an alarm system and don't really want to ask them to install security cameras they offer as I dont like the idea of having them monitor the pics/videos it will take. I'd rather control that ourselves.

I just want a decent system that will record via motion detection. Not sure if I really want it recording 24/7 as that will take up so many space on the sd card or dvr system. That's also another question i have, for a simple home use, which do people prefer? Recording it on SD card or DVR system? I dont think I plan to add more cameras in the future. Whatever system I purchase now, most likely 3-4 cameras, 2 for outside and 1 or 2 inside, I will not be adding more in the future.

I also want to be able to get alerts and view from my phone if motion is detected outside or inside when we're not home. Someone is always home but I still want to see who's outside my door or for any reason in my backyard.

I've found Lorex online and they seem to have good reviews. They currently do NOT have the cloud system so all their systems either record on SD card or DVR. I dont know what ADT offers, maybe someone here have knowledge of ADTs security camera system. A friend of ours just installed D-Link.

Y-cam HomeMonitor HD Pro indoor camera is great choice. It's waterproof, has 7 days trial free cloud at Y-Cam’s cloud servers, motion detection with email alerts. Also, you have available applications for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire tablets and Windows Phone 8.

Here is Y-cam HomeMonitor HD Pro Review: http://www.swameras.com/y-cam-homemonitor-hd-pro-review/

This is a spam response.

OP, all your questions are already answered on the forum..look at the megapixel forum..