Sign in to follow this  
a2024301

What settings should I use for optimal video quality? -HKVIS

Have been trying a few combinations of Resolution, Bitrate Type, Frame Rate and Max. Bitrate - Any suggestions about what I should select here for the best quality video in a daylight setting? Not so worried about frame rate, if it means better image quality. I am recording to the internal MicroSD.

Camera is an Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS 3MP dome.

Thanks

1619030224_Fullscreencapture02-Sep-15221039_bmp.jpg.f74009ce7c34959aa09cf7e380154217.jpg

For best video quality, change your quality setting to highest, and turn up your max bit rate. 1024 is a little low for 3MP at 10 fps; I'd go for 2048 minimum.

Fixed bit rate may give better quality than variable, but it's usually hard to tell the difference, and variable should save space on your memory card. Variable uses a lower bit rate when there's little motion or complexity, and increases when there's motion. Both settings will look good with static scenes; it's when there's a lot of motion that the differences show up. I run all my cams at 2 or 3MP, 10 fps, and 4096 Kbps fixed.

You'll also want to play with the image settings. WDR can make a big difference if you have bright and dark areas, but increases noise at night. Likewise, increasing sharpness can give more detail in the day, but more noise at night, and also gives higher bit rates.

For best video quality, change your quality setting to highest, and turn up your max bit rate. 1024 is a little low for 3MP at 10 fps; I'd go for 2048 minimum.

Fixed bit rate may give better quality than variable, but it's usually hard to tell the difference, and variable should save space on your memory card. Variable uses a lower bit rate when there's little motion or complexity, and increases when there's motion. Both settings will look good with static scenes; it's when there's a lot of motion that the differences show up. I run all my cams at 2 or 3MP, 10 fps, and 4096 Kbps fixed.

You'll also want to play with the image settings. WDR can make a big difference if you have bright and dark areas, but increases noise at night. Likewise, increasing sharpness can give more detail in the day, but more noise at night, and also gives higher bit rates.

Thanks so much for the advice. I'll have a play around.