Sign in to follow this  
grooster

New system needed to replace an analogue one - HIKVISION?

Hi,

I currently have a basic and quite cheap 4Ch CCTV system. Kview EL421. I got it about 3 years ago mainly for the price and the ease of setting it up. I loved just being able to scan the QR and all the networking was done for me, unlike the previous system where I was just going around in circles port forwarding etc.

We have moved to a larger house and what i’m thinking of doing is getting an 8Ch system, preferably 1080p but could be 720p at a push, but one that can also take analogue and also be easy to set up.

I have been looking at the Hikvision Turbo HD systems, they look like they do everything I need it to do, but I just don’t know how easy they are to setup the remote side of things. Theres not too much info out there.

Has anybody had any experience of using one of these.

Can anybody recommend an alternative around the same budget? I’m looking at spending about £200/£300 on a DVR and a couple of good HD cameras. I would like 4 cams to add on but I know I may be pushing it at this price range.

Any help is appreciated.

Nick

Yeah, thats what I thought. Its easier for me to use the existing coax and just add to it while still having the option of 1080p.

Does anybody know how easy they are to set up?

Also there seems to be lots of different variations of them. I’m looking at 8CH like I say but there must be 3/4 versions. What are the difference in simplified talk.

I’m still open to alternatives if anybody knows of any.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Its easier for me to use the existing coax and just add to it while still having the option of 1080p.

Does anybody know how easy they are to set up?

Also there seems to be lots of different variations of them. I’m looking at 8CH like I say but there must be 3/4 versions. What are the difference in simplified talk.

I’m still open to alternatives if anybody knows of any.

Thanks for your help.

its just as easy to setup as any other analog dvr...look at the lorex or qsee hd analog systems at costco as well..they are dahua cvi systems...

you need to make an effort to review the specs yourself..if you want someone to do a comparison then higher an installer.

Fair enough Boogieman, i’ll take a look at each system and see what the differences are. I just thought that maybe there was a supplier/installer with good knowledge of Hikvision on this site that might know off the top of their heads what the differences between model numbers may be.

Unfortunately i’m not a member of Costco here in the UK, but i’ll take at look at your suggestions.

Thanks