Bishop

Monitoring sound activity at my 4 gate cameras. Long Story

I currenty have four cctv cameras at my gate entrance and they all work great.

Three weeks ago, at 5am as we were getting up to go to New Orleans for the day, four guys were standing under the security light at the gate.

We did not notice them because we were in the kitchen making coffee at 5am. We pulled out of the gate at 7:20am and noticed our mailbox was down in the ditch. Since we were leaving I proped up the mailbox against the keypad and we headed for New Orleans.

When we returned at 8pm that night, I began playback the security system to see what happened to the mailbox. The recording at 5:00 on the dot, shows a car pulling over to the side of the road and hit the mailbox as they tried to hide the car behind the bushes 30 feet from my gates.

The four would be robbers were standing under the light with ski masks covering their faces for three minutes planning their job at 5:03am.

The guys came in behind the gates in a place used by UPS to deliver small packages.

The so called leader hit the nearest cctv camera with the butt of a shotgun to disable it, but the camera continued to record.

Another camera caught the four as they came down the 225' driveway toward the house.

My wife turned the house lights on at 5:06am and robbers ran back to their getaway car.

We never knew they were there that morning.

SO, what I'm looking for is a simple wired intercom system between the gate entrance and the house. I have three unused circuits to the gate. I want to convert the speaker in the keypad to a mic/speaker intercom that I can monitor from the house. The total wired distance will be near 300".

I'm having a hard time finding a diagram that will work for me.

I would have liked to hear what they were saying just before they tried to breakin our home.

The four went next door to us and kicked in the front door of the home. The couple was not home at the time.

All and any help to get sound to my security system is needed

I currenty have four cctv cameras at my gate entrance and they all work great.

Three weeks ago, at 5am as we were getting up to go to New Orleans for the day, four guys were standing under the security light at the gate.

We did not notice them because we were in the kitchen making coffee at 5am. We pulled out of the gate at 7:20am and noticed our mailbox was down in the ditch. Since we were leaving I proped up the mailbox against the keypad and we headed for New Orleans.

When we returned at 8pm that night, I began playback the security system to see what happened to the mailbox. The recording at 5:00 on the dot, shows a car pulling over to the side of the road and hit the mailbox as they tried to hide the car behind the bushes 30 feet from my gates.

The four would be robbers were standing under the light with ski masks covering their faces for three minutes planning their job at 5:03am.

The guys came in behind the gates in a place used by UPS to deliver small packages.

The so called leader hit the nearest cctv camera with the butt of a shotgun to disable it, but the camera continued to record.

Another camera caught the four as they came down the 225' driveway toward the house.

My wife turned the house lights on at 5:06am and robbers ran back to their getaway car.

We never knew they were there that morning.

SO, what I'm looking for is a simple wired intercom system between the gate entrance and the house. I have three unused circuits to the gate. I want to convert the speaker in the keypad to a mic/speaker intercom that I can monitor from the house. The total wired distance will be near 300".

I'm having a hard time finding a diagram that will work for me.

I would have liked to hear what they were saying just before they tried to breakin our home.

The four went next door to us and kicked in the front door of the home. The couple was not home at the time.

All and any help to get sound to my security system is needed

What kind of wiring do you have going to the gate?

What type of cctv system?

Might be a good idea to use some PIR motion sensors there to alert you of activity.

Since then, I have installed three PIR motion sensors totaling 6 90W bulbs and three driveway alerts down the drivway at about 75' apart. The three wireless alerts each give a different sound warning sound inside so we can tell the location of each alert.

I have closed the UPS portal in the gates and placed 6 rows of barbwire on each side of the entrance accross the front.

We have a neighborhood watch sign, two video camera signs,one on each side, and Bad Dog signs at the gate. 120lb german shepard would have greeted them close to the house.

With all that warning they still chose the chance to get shot as they entered any door. My wife has been in a training course with her 357 and I have a CC permit for my Baretta with me at all times.

If you think your safe as you read this post, think again.

I forgot to say,

I have a PC based system and electric gates. My keypad was hit by lightning 10 years ago and killed it. But that was a good thing because that's when I discovered cctv video.

I installed everything I have now for half the cost of replacing the keypad alone.

My cameras all run on Baluns with excellent quality.

But now I want onw way sound back at the gate or a wired 2 way intercom.

I need a good diagram. I can built it if I can find it.