Cogsly

Need some advice please on a CCTV + Audio install

Hello all I do hope you can help me out here.

I have been asked to install a CCTV system on a home for children who suffer epilepsy. I have been given a spec and a fairly good kit budget but after doing a fair amount of reading (I have done basic installs a plenty) I feel I need to ask for some information and support that I'm sure you guys will be able to answer right of the bat.

Spec is as follows :

8 x colour cameras with night vision, internal and in domes so they don't look like cameras (monitoring will mainly be done at night)

All Cameras must have built in audio however I must stress there is no recording required as its simple for monitoring purposes

The ability to be able to log in offsite via apps etc

A single monitor in a room with all 8 cameras visible at once and the ability to focus on one camera full screen if required

A unit that can process this (DVR?)

And here's the sucker punch apparently .. the ability to be able to shut cameras down at will and to be able to prove this can be done. Now this is for privacy purposes and this ability needs to be accessible without a degree in astrophysics and so we can show parents that it can be done.

All cables can be run through a loft area with the furthest away being 35 - 40 metres and wireless is out of the question as they have one now that its dreadful.

Thank you for any help you can offer on this subject.

Well, these cameras are not the cheapest but they are high quality and would suit your needs perfectly. I would choose between one of these two:

http://www.axis.com/global/en/products/axis-p3365-v

http://www.axis.com/global/en/products/axis-m3037-pve

You are looking at roughly $800 per camera there, but there is free software that can handle viewing and recording can be handled on an SD card right at the camera if you need to record later on.