Been at this for a while now, i installed a mace 4way non realtime dvr into a building, every thing were great until a week later i got a call to say 2 of the cameras were off, when i got to the customers place, yes they were off, i pluged the 2 cameras that ere off into the monitor and they came on i then took the other two cameras that were working and pluged them into channel 1 and 2 also i could not get these 2 cameras to work, plug in all 4 cameras and restarted the dvr, all came on. After about 2 minutes camera 1 went off and then camera 3, rebooted it again and on all the cameras came on again, i replaced cameras and dvr a few time to try to solve the problem, but all the dvr's work fine in the workshop. i then replaced the dvr with a eneo this to date is working fine no problems, i think the problem is power related, anybody have any ideas on how i can fix this.

i then replaced the dvr with a eneo this to date is working fine no problems, i think the problem is power related, anybody have any ideas on how i can fix this.

I think you did fix it?

ya but we sell mace not eneo this was a once off, any idea where i can get them small power boxes in europe with 220v, computer powerboxes too big

One tip Hopper...Stay away from the 400NR DVR. Trust me...

If you need anymore in depth information just PM me.

the dvr's i have at present are the

dvr0414

dvr800

dvr1600

all mace, have been trying to ring them for a while now to find out if there were any updates for these dvr, i find playback quility is not very good even at 25fps the screen is not very clear.

Also one big problem i have is when you are playing back and you change to another camera the time either jumps backwards or forwards to driffrent times, and its never the same seconds, its very hard to follow someone through a door way when the time jumps we lose sight of the person. this is a real draw back with this dvr.

the dvr's i have at present are the

dvr0414

dvr800

dvr1600

all mace, have been trying to ring them for a while now to find out if there were any updates for these dvr, i find playback quility is not very good even at 25fps the screen is not very clear.

Also one big problem i have is when you are playing back and you change to another camera the time either jumps backwards or forwards to driffrent times, and its never the same seconds, its very hard to follow someone through a door way when the time jumps we lose sight of the person. this is a real draw back with this dvr.

OK, the 800 and 1600RW are OK DVR's. Like I said before stay away from the DVR0414 (400NR). There should be recent bios updates, but I doubt they will fix any of the problems. The playback problem has always been there, and the problem you described in your first post. The reason for the unclear playback is due to the CIF resolution recording (352x240) and the Mpeg4 compression. The fps shouldn't matter that much when it comes to clarity during playback.

CIF resolution recording (352x240) and the Mpeg4 compression

is this hardware or software related, can a firmware update the cif to cif2 or increase the resolution, really the playback quility is crap, there must be something i'm doing wrong, anyone else agree with what i am saying or better have a solution. its bad enough trying to pin point someone moving from camera to camera without having the problem of trying to makeout who it is.