FLRancher

Rural Ranch Wireless Design Question

Greetings all! I am looking to install a few cameras and an NVR on my ranch for general security needs. Due to the distances where I need to place cameras at two gates I am unable to run cable and will be running each gate installation off solar/battery power. So a rugged outdoor, all-weather camera with enough night capability to reach about 100 feet is ideal. I have looked at the Ubiquiti web site and that seems to be a good option but am a bit overwhelmed with the choices in frequencies. Also, I have never worked with POE cameras which is what seems to be common.

We have an office with climate control and power at the barn where the NVR and other cameras will be located, so that end seems pretty simple in comparison. There is also clear line of sight between the gates and the barn with distances between 2500 and 3000 feet.

I am a retired IT professional with a heavy hardware background so I'm not completely helpless, just very little experience with CCTV and the newer systems. I am attaching a simple diagram of the layout. Thanks for any input or suggestions anyone can share for equipment and setup!

1110824110_513CameraPlot1.thumb.jpg.1b63d28b7d4dd562622bf5465afb6c7b.jpg