jisaac

What am I a tornado magnet??!?!?!??!

Good Lord! What is the deal with all the Super cells always somehow make right into my area and go right over us!

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/radar.php?product=N0V&rid=LZK&loop=yes

if anyone is on right now take a look at that radar image and the above is the base velocity dopplar radar showing the power of the storm.

Ok now look at this one

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=LZK&loop=yes

this is base reflectivity on a dopplar radar and once again I am right at the base of the storm where it "Bowes" which I am not sure if you guys are familiar with Tornadic Super Cells but that means thats the "eye of the storm" not meaning the middle like it does in the hurricanes but means the worse place to be and the most likely to spin one in your direction.

if you were on last night when I posted that you would have caugth a glimpse of the storm in relation to me.

get any video ..?

I had a nightmare the other night a tornado was outside my window ... . hey but at least there was a 7 eleven down the road so i went and bought some beer ..

Seriously though I wouldnt want to be around one of them ... do you have a bunker or something??

nope just shelter in place. we have a big closet that is in the bathroom that is used as a hamper. Its a perfect spot to go. Well actually my wife and kids go. I am a storm spotter for the national weather service so most of the time I am on the phone with them giving them reports.

I guess that makes you an honorary englishman jisaacmagee

All we ever talk about is the weather

Joking apart, there was an excellent programme on the BBC this week about super storms, and how they breed twisters. Seeing what that level of energy can do with even insignificant household objects is quite mind numbing, and way beyond anything we can comprehend over here.

Keep your head down, keep safe and happy spotting!