homeless2

Remote monitor problem

Hi,

i have a 4 channel system running at my workplace and i am able to view the web server through other computers running on the same network. However when i try to log on remotely, i can get to the login page for the web server but after that it says connection failed.

anyone know whats the problem?

Yes, there are 3 Pcs and 1 DVR in my workplace's network, all 4 systems are currently with windows firewall. (I was thinking thats the problem, i will have to switch off the firewall of the DVR on monday. The remaining PCs can have their firewall on right?)

However i do have another separate DVR at home and i tried switching off both windows firewall and router firewall. After even doing this, i still cant access the home dvr through WAN. (ports are all forwarded)

What do you guys think??

ok, first, if you have a router you don't need any firewall protection on any computer behind it as the router firewall will protect your LAN. Yes you can have it for added protection if you feel you need it but I don't use it on any of mine since it is redundant. (and for those who feel strongly to have it I suggest that if a person is good enough to hack past your router that the software firewall is only a speed bump anyways)

port forwarding should be used.DO NOT turn off the router firewall, and if you do it is only to test. turning off firewalls opens you all attacks from the WAN (internet)

If you are getting to the login page of the server then you are passing the firewall. BUT, what login screen are you talking about? The DVR software login or a Microsoft login? BIG difference......if it is the Microsoft then your DVR WEB site is not the default WEB site...............and you need to fix that?

good luck.

Hi VST_Man, i can get into the dvr software login page. I can even log in, but the moment i have log in and the images are supposed to start, i get the connection failed followed by network fail.

Could it be the apache web server problem?

Man, this is driving me batty. I can not for the life of me connect to my Diginet thru the internet. I can connect locally just fine. I get to activex installed and the login screen. When enter sitecode and password it takes it and then it gives me Network - Fail.

Also when I try diginet center to connect remotely via the internet it gets to 31/180 and then I get Incorrect private NO vs Site code. Disconnection

I have set up all of the port forwards on my router etc.

This is driving me batty.

I even went as far as to DMZ my DVR for a bit. I have checked the passwords and site codes. I have changed them in trying to get it to work.

Man, this is driving me batty. I can not for the life of me connect to my Diginet thru the internet. I can connect locally just fine. I get to activex installed and the login screen. When enter sitecode and password it takes it and then it gives me Network - Fail.

Also when I try diginet center to connect remotely via the internet it gets to 31/180 and then I get Incorrect private NO vs Site code. Disconnection

I have set up all of the port forwards on my router etc.

This is driving me batty.

I even went as far as to DMZ my DVR for a bit. I have checked the passwords and site codes. I have changed them in trying to get it to work.

Nevermind. I am an idiot. The port for remote admin on my router was the same as the DVR. ARgggggghhhh

Nevermind. I am an idiot. The port for remote admin on my router was the same as the DVR. ARgggggghhhh

welcome to the forum ,..