karnisar

ProVideo 4 Camera 80GB HDD Digital Video Recorder

To be honest the only way to truley know what quality a product has is to try a sample, however this is a help forum so I will try my best to do just that. According to the spec sheet:

The system does not have MPEG4 compression which is a bit of a let down, however it is a standalone device and therefore should be rock solid. It does have a large recording resolution which is excellent however I doubt that it will record very fast at that resolution.

The rated FPS is only 30FPS which is a bit outdated, however it is reasonable over 4 cameras. Being a standalone you will not be able to update it.

I doubt very much that it would be able to remotely connect through PSTN (standard telephone call) therefore you would need to have an internet connection to use the remote features.

It will not have a burner included therefore you either need another PC to back it up with watermarking or you would have to back it up to VCR and that would not be watermarked. This is a major disadvantage indeed as with a PC based system you could just burn a CD.

This looks like a pretty good unit overall but I would not pay more than $400US for it as it is not much in manufacture.

Hope that helped

BTW Rory if you are reading this I have just noticed on the Pro Video site that they sell some of the same cameras as me, they buy them from Korea and Re-Badge them, you should buy them direct!

This is from their website:

The company recognized over the last 45 years in the market as CSi/Speco/Provideo/Emco/ Components Specialties, Inc. has been developing new strategies and new solutions, and with them, a new name. Our original names suited us well in each individual market we serve. These markets are clearly converging, and the company's mission has adapted. Therefore, to take full advantage of the opportunities open to us, we sought out a single name that reflects our special attitudes and aptitudes as a technology innovator. That name is Speco Technologies.

To be honest the only way to truley know what quality a product has is to try a sample, however this is a help forum so I will try my best to do just that. According to the spec sheet:

The system does not have MPEG4 compression which is a bit of a let down, however it is a standalone device and therefore should be rock solid. It does have a large recording resolution which is excellent however I doubt that it will record very fast at that resolution.

The rated FPS is only 30FPS which is a bit outdated, however it is reasonable over 4 cameras. Being a standalone you will not be able to update it.

I doubt very much that it would be able to remotely connect through PSTN (standard telephone call) therefore you would need to have an internet connection to use the remote features.

It will not have a burner included therefore you either need another PC to back it up with watermarking or you would have to back it up to VCR and that would not be watermarked. This is a major disadvantage indeed as with a PC based system you could just burn a CD.

This looks like a pretty good unit overall but I would not pay more than $400US for it as it is not much in manufacture.

Hope that helped

BTW Rory if you are reading this I have just noticed on the Pro Video site that they sell some of the same cameras as me, they buy them from Korea and Re-Badge them, you should buy them direct!

Hi

Just got back online been off and on for a few days not in my appt, back in now.

Yep i saw your other post. will check it out some more, like isaid though too expensive for me to order just a coupld cameras from korea, we dont have a market to order alot yet.

As for the DVRs, they cost more than Kalatels, i looked at them, but will stick with Kalatel for now. They have a 4 channel with NO remote option, for like $750, the onewith IP is like $1500-1700, all wholesale pricing. Kalatel;s wholesale on the 4 channel Storesafe with CDRW, LAN, etc, $1495 wholesale. Also connects via phone line with external modem.

The provideo bullets are good as an alternative to very cheap (like eclypse) or more expensive like a well known brand name traditional camera in weatherproof housing.

As for the name. Provideo is (or was) the name, owned by CSI-SPECO.

Thanks