Sign in to follow this  
monahank

Can't get iVMS to load.

Hi all,

Currently running Windows 10, 64-bit, but am having problems getting iVMS 4200 to work. I have installed, unsinstalled, and reinstalled several times, but every time I try to load it, it crashes after a few seconds of opening - usually saying that there's been a run time error, or alternatively Windows says that the program has stopped working.

I've tried multiple versions of the 4200 software, but none of them seem to want to work.

Any ideas?

Well, I'll jump in with the same problem except I don't see any error message. It starts and shows up in processes tab of Task Manager for a few seconds and then disappears with no error or anything else.

It was working with version 2.0.0 except that version wouldn't remember any configuration changes I made so I uninstalled it and installed the latest download from HikVision tonight as a trouble-shooting step. Now it won't run at all.

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall from the CD that came with the camera.

Well, I thought I'd try it one more time before uninstalling the latest. At first I got the same results and then I tried it again running as administrator (I had already done that a few times). This time it started as Administrator. I added two cameras and an operator level user and exited and then I could open it normally, not as administrator.

The great thing was that adding this latest version also fixed the problem I was having with no configuration changes being retained on restart of the application. Now back to my original night's work (from several hours ago) of getting iVMS-4500 to work so I can access the cameras from my tablet and phone.