matth1000

Hikvision nvr DS-7616NI-SE/P problem

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Hikvision setup.

I have; NVR DS-7616NI-SE/P

Firmware version V2.3.11 Build 150625

Encoding version V1.0 Build 140701

Camera (x8) DS-2CD3132-I

Camera firmware V5.1.6 build 140412

The System was installed in February this year, all working well until about a month ago.

I have the app on my phone and tablet and the resolution was not the best so I changed it on my tablet and that is when the problems began.

It started not switching over to night vision, and also dropped down to only displaying 3 out of the 8 cameras on the live view screen. When you click on one of the cameras that is missing it would then display that camera, no problem, back to live view and its lost.

I upgraded the firmware from the USA Hikvision site to the above mentioned. Still no joy.

It will only display 3 or 4 of the 8 cameras but now when you click on one that is missing it wont display anything.

When I connect to the cameras individually or through the NVR it will display that camera, just not in live view.

I have tried a factory reset, load default, re-boot, re load above firmware.

I have not upgraded the firmware on the cameras as I've read that it can brick them if you do.

Have I got any other options??

Is there another firmware version that I can try? I've had a look on the Hikvision website but I cant find another version that matches my NVR model.

Please offer any suggestions if you can as I've been pulling my hair out to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Matt.

Matt,

I know this doesn't answer your question, but this is just one of the reasons why I won't use a NVR. If something goes wrong with it, you could loose everything. I record to a NAS with mirrored drives, which gives me redundancy. It also gives you the ability to easily upgrade hard drives. Each one of my cameras has it's own volume on the NAS and I can real-time view, view logs, recordings and even remotely configure the cameras using IVMS-4200.

hey matt, you will have to update the firmware on your cams as well seen this b4 and we had to firmware update the nvr and cams you can do them one at a time or all at once, i would do them one at a time though to make sure you got them all.

Ok cool. I will have to try that.

Does anyone know what is the latest firmware I should have on the cameras and the NVR.

I also heard that updating the firmware on the cameras can brick them. I want to try and avoid that.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Matt.

Ok cool. I will have to try that.

Does anyone know what is the latest firmware I should have on the cameras and the NVR.

I also heard that updating the firmware on the cameras can brick them. I want to try and avoid that.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Matt.

IF your cameras are china region cameras do not update the firmware..where did you buy them?

I bought the cameras and nvr through aliexpress from china.

What firmware do you think i can rollback to on my nvr to make the cameras compatable?

I bought the cameras and nvr through aliexpress from china.

What firmware do you think i can rollback to on my nvr to make the cameras compatable?

Dont update the firmware......search google for hikvision 5.25 firmware you will find posts that discuss this.

Ok thanks.

So you mean dont update camera firmware but update nvr to v5.25

Do not update anything unless you read the threads discussing the subject.

Hello,

I've finally made some progress.

I've down graded the firmware on the NVR to DS-76xxNI-SE(P) Baseline Firmware V2.2.4_130328 and all seems to be working.

It would be nice to have the features of V3 firmware but we cant have everything.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Matt.