Sign in to follow this  
chardho

System Design Help. (Remote monitor of many systems)

Hey all...

My business is purchasing storage facilities in various markets across the US and will be centralizing management of the facilities including the monitoring and management of surveillance equipment. Each facility we purchase generally has a standalone DVR with 16 analog cameras. (usually low end systems)

I was hoping that somehow I would find a software solution that would allow me to centrally view and manage these disparate systems so we didn't have to replace them but from my research I think I'm out of luck on that one. (if I missed one please fill me in)

My main questions are about recommended systems and technologies for replacing dvrs so that we can manage and monitor the facilities remotely. I would like to have this be a relatively simple swap and configure operation.

Requirements:

Remote monitoring from single application.

Unlimited number of cameras on remote management software.

Remote management, possibly remote firmware upgrades.

Remote backups?

Easily purchased in USA

Brand must have multiple types of systems so we can replace what is in place already. (Analog, ip, etc...)

Reasonable cost...would like to keep it below $600 for a 16 camera dvr but you tell me if that's reasonable.

Possibly integration into alarm outputs/inputs (not required)

Have I overlooked some key requirements? Probably...

Ability to record while monitoring and possibly downloading.

Questions:

Brand? What do you suggest?

Technology? TVI, CVI etc...?

System design? Are there better methods than a dvr swap that still allow to keep costs down implementation simple?

Any help is greatly appreciated...we really want to start out with the right strategy as we'll be committing to it going forward.

chardho

Good day

You can replace all your incompatible DVRs with Hikvision Inbedded Hybrid Units and just transfer the recording drives over to the Hikvision recorders to save costs.

By doing this you can load a VMS at your Local Control Room and monitor all of them at the same time and you can add IP at a later stage if funds allow.

There is no easy Cheap solution to this but to spend some money know and migrate to a Practise standard system.

I would recommend Hikvision for this as its affordable in many situations and flexible as well.