vitus

Hikvision vs. Phylink/Trivision?

I am a noob to the world of security cameras so please bear with me. I have seen Hikvision mentioned quite a bit but I also have ran across the Phylink/Trivision cameras which seem to get good reviews. The Phylink camers are significantly more expensive and I'm wondering what the real differences are and if its worth the extra cost.

My plan is to have a dedicated PC set up running Blue Iris (or something similar). I plan to have a few outdoor cameras to watch the front and back areas of the house, including the driveway/sidewalk area. I'll also have a garage camera set up as well.

Any input regarding these two camera brands would be greatly appreciated. Any other advice or input is welcome as well.

Thanks!

Hi guy

I don't think you will get the answer of the two camera brands. Because:

1.every brand of the cameras has cons and pros ,good stuff and junk stuff etc.

2.Rather than keeping your eyes in brands, why not care about what cameras do you want ?

3.If you really want to choose one camera from the 2 brands,you'd better to choose some similar products(meet your requirements) from the 2 brands , then ask someone who has experience with the 2 cameras ,they will share story with you and finally you'll get your answer .