HardcoreShad

PTZ features boosted by Joystick/keyboard?

Hi all!

The forum has been great help with regard to my research on the kind of setup I need. And seeing the effectivity of the PTZ out door cam, I recently purchased one already!

I was able to set the cruise patterns but it seems like the speed only goes down to "2." So in effect, the presets are viewed by the pattern in a faster speed than expected.

The camera used is a PRC non-branded one with 30x zoom, 1.3mp. No auto tracking / tracking option within the device configuration software. 255 presets, 10 cruise patterns, 16 presets per cruise.

If I added a IP PTZ keyboard to my current IP PTZ cam and hybrid NVR, will the 3D keyboard give me the following:

- tracking options? Like if I wanted to move from preset 1 to preset 2 in really slow speeds (about 2 degrees per second)? Or the tracking and cruise features of the keyboard is dependent on the cruise settings of my cam?

- more presets per cruise setting on the keyboard?

Does the PTZ keyboard add to the customisation of these features via its separate hardware/software independent of the camera PTZ stored software features?

TIA!

I doubt it. PTZ pan/tilt speed is typically a function of the PTZ itself, including its onboard programming.

Some PTZs allow memorized "Tours" or, as Pelco calls it, "Patterns". That would be your best bet for what you want to do. At least with the Pelco Spectra PTZs, you set the PTZ in "Program Pattern" mode, use the joystick to pan, tilt, zoom, etc., then save the pattern. At least on Pelco Spectra PTZs, the memorized pattern will run at the same speed you used when programming it. The complexity of the pattern determines how long it can last but in my experience, a pattern can typically last at least a minute.

You at least infer that you have set the PTZ to cycle through a number of presets. If so, that would explain why you are having trouble with speed control. PTZs typically go from preset to preset at a fixed, high, speed. That is a function embedded in the firmware.

Hi Survtech!

Thank you for the info.

Yes, I have programmed the presets already. These presets are called on startup or on idle of cam by making the "cruise" function as its default go to during these situations. I can also use the HVR to do the same via its patrol function.

The PTZ has its built in cruise protocol. What I really cannot figure out is that it can slow down...just not that slow as the other slow function demos i've seen.

Maybe a better explanation is:

- If I set my speed to 2, this should be equivalent to your 35 degrees per second movement