fking29

Need Recommendation for New Home Camera System

Hello,

A couple years ago I purchased and installed the Swann Pro-Series 960H 8 camera system. I was able to get everything up and working, including remote viewing through my ISP. That said, I'm not happy with the following:

*Although the system claims to be 700 TVL "Crystal Clear DVD Quality" it's hardly great quality. I'd call it poor to okay.

*The motion sensors built into the cameras are not reliable and often give false alarms.

*The UI is clunky and every month or so completely freezes up requiring a reboot

All that said, I realize fixing these issues will probably require a new system. Any suggestions for a high-quality system that will preferably work with the existing wiring that I painstakingly installed?

Thanks!

Hello,

A couple years ago I purchased and installed the Swann Pro-Series 960H 8 camera system. I was able to get everything up and working, including remote viewing through my ISP. That said, I'm not happy with the following:

*Although the system claims to be 700 TVL "Crystal Clear DVD Quality" it's hardly great quality. I'd call it poor to okay.

*The motion sensors built into the cameras are not reliable and often give false alarms.

*The UI is clunky and every month or so completely freezes up requiring a reboot

All that said, I realize fixing these issues will probably require a new system. Any suggestions for a high-quality system that will preferably work with the existing wiring that I painstakingly installed?

Thanks!

If you want to use existing wiring then you will need to use an HD over coax system like CVI or TVI...you will still have issues with motion detection but the image will be MUCH better. http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-HD-Analog-DVR-with-2TB-HDD%2c-8-1080p-Cameras-with-130'-Night-Vision.product.100218592.html

You might want to consider cameras with an alarm in/out connection for PIR sensors...you will need to rewire. Some IP cameras have more advanced motion detection options like line cross detection that will significantly reduce false alerts.

Hello,

Thanks!

Hey

If you have used RG59 or RG6 coaxial cable previously then you can use this same cable to run video from HD security cameras, including AHD, HD-SDI, and TVI HD camera types.

But length of the wire can be an issue...